I’m in Vancouver for a few days – and there’s nothing quite like summer in Vancity. It feels like there’s a sandy beach everywhere you look, and I’ll definitely be catching a few rays at some of my fav spots (Kits Beach and Spanish Banks are two of my go-tos.) Kits is surrounded by great spots to grab lunch, and patio cocktails, and Spanish Banks is the perfect place to get my Frisbee on. (I’m terrible at it but it’s fun anyways). Obviously, I never show up to the beach unprepared. Snacks, sunscreen, sunnies — you’d think I was packing for a weekend away…
Anyways, here are a few beach bag essentials I never leave the house without:
- Beach Bag | The most important thing? The bag. I’m in love with this Sun N Sand Straw Tote from Swim Outlet. It’s big enough to fit just about anything, and the twisted handle gives it a beachy, boho vibe.
- Beach Towel | Rectangle towels are so last year. This ‘Palm Springs’ Round Beach Towel by The Beach People is gigantic and perfect for lounging in the sun. I dare you not to fall asleep! It’s big enough for two!
- Cover Up | This summer I’m loving the boho look, so I couldn’t say no to this Gypsy Crochet Cover up from Nordstrom. It’s super comfy and perfect for slipping on over my swimsuit.
- Hat | It’s not summer without a straw hat. This Here We Go Panama Hat from Roxy may keep my face out of the sun, but it has me feelin’ hot!
- Sunglasses | If it were acceptable to wear shades inside, I would never take these off. They’re ‘The Hamptons’ sunglasses from EyeBuyDirect and they spice up any outfit. Plus, they look fab with a messy bun. At least thats what I tell myself.
- Bikini | Sun’s out buns out! This Hippie Hooray Crochet Bikini from Billabong is the ultimate swimsuit. I love rocking the top with a pair of jean shorts and strappy sandals.
- Water Bottle | How cute is this S’well Waikiki water bottle? There is nothing worse than warm water on a smoking hot summer day, and this bottle keeps drinks cold ALL day long. Plus…look at it!
- Sandals | It’s pretty rare to find sandals that are cute and comfy, but these Stuart Weitzman Corbata Sandals are both comfy and chic— and have just the right amount of bohemian flare.
- Lipstick | I always throw a lipstick in my bag. You never know where the day is going to take you and MAC’s ‘Honey Love’ is perfect for any occasion. Post beach drinks here I come!
- Sunscreen | Last but NOT least: sunscreen. I never leave the house without lathering up. I’m against wrinkles, and all for protecting your skin. This Sun Bum Sunscreen is a lifesaver for a sun bum like me. It goes on super smooth, smells nice, and you can wear it in the water.
Anything else I absolutely need in my beach bag? Let me know what you don’t leave your house without!