The Bachelorette opened up many doors for me – and I’m grateful for that. I watched this season to show my support – I tweeted and blogged to share my take on JoJo and her guys. To be honest, the amount of anxiety it gave me was unhealthy. I know too much about what goes on – and sometimes it’s hard when people’s feelings are involved. I get it, Ben and Lauren have a show coming out and were likely invited to the finale to promote it, but I can’t help and wonder how that made Lauren and Jordan feel…Ben was mentioned throughout this entire Bachelorette season of how he hurt JoJo. I just don’t know how comfortable that could’ve been for anyone. Imagine announcing your engagement with your last ex sitting right in front of you! What about inviting JoJo’s family?
I’ll leave you with that thought. Now, let’s jump into the episode…
It felt like JoJo’s family seemed to really like Robby. It’s hard because they don’t see everything that she sees and when you hear one thing from your family, it can really throw you off. That was probably a little difficult for Jordan to watch. Who else was sitting there patiently waiting for her mom to chug wine out of the bottle?? I don’t know what the hell “spirit animal” even means, but she’s mine.
If anyone is close to their family, like I am to mine, try and imagine being cut off from them while making a life altering decision. It’s so hard. Once you finally see them after 10 weeks, you cherish every single thing they see and feel. All you want is for them to verify everything you’re feeling. I was so thankful for how my family accepted both men, but really saw how I was with Shawn. My dad took me aside and said. “Kate, there was a song on one of the Beatles’ albums called ‘I’ve got a feeling’. And after meeting Shawn, I’ve got a feeling.” My whole family did. And now that JoJo’s family sees the two of them together, I’m sure they have that feeling, too.
I have to say, I didn’t like that Jordan didn’t ask for her parents’ blessing in person. Over the phone just doesn’t feel personal, and I don’t understand why he did that. Was he scared? Too nervous that he forgot? I understand it’s a lot of pressure and an overwhelming situation, but you are kind of there to marry this woman. That shouldn’t be something you forget to do in person.
When JoJo made her decision to let go of Robby, I’m sure it wasn’t easy. It is NEVER a good time to hurt people. Especially when they don’t see it coming. A big part of the show is when the final two go up to propose and keep the viewers on their toes. Who’s going to come out of the limo first and what does it all mean?! I wanted to go talk to Nick and explain it myself, but I wasn’t able to change that particular format of the show. And it did give him the chance to let people hear what he had to say. I still hate the thought of doing that. It’s not fair, but again, that’s the show and that’s why people tune in. JoJo told Robby she wanted it to be him. That’s just not something he needed to hear at that point. You need closure, and closure is not an easy thing to give when you have been through a lot with that person. You get closure when you re-watch everything on the season and see the other relationship develop. I do, however, understand that at that point JoJo just wanted to say anything to make him feel better. It’s hard to find the words to say when someone is fake crying. Haha, sorry Robby. I had to.
Also, Chad I was voting for you to be The Bachelor until your episode on Paradise. It’s not funny anymore.
I’m happy for JoJoJo that they are finally done with having a SERIOUS case of the Mondays and now it’s on to the fun stuff. Here’s my advice for the couple:
– Enjoy traveling together, even when it’s stressful. Plan the plane rides like it’s a date night. Play cards, watch movies, have drinks, and join the mile high club.
– DO NOT let tabloids ruin your relationship. Then the magazines win. And we’re all better than trash mags. The headlines are always the same, and it’s just your faces on them for now.
– Save every little moment together. Keep your hotel cards from everywhere you go, and enjoy the chaos.
– Try not to be on your phones all the time. WE ARE GUILTY OF THIS. We love Snapchat too much.
– Have real conversations about family, babies, weddings, friends, life.
– Go to bed mad. I hate the saying, don’t go to bed mad. DO IT. Because chances are you will wake up over whatever dumb thing it was you were arguing about. Might as well get a good sleep.
– Take this time to actually get to know each other and re fall in love. Buy disguises and go for dinner. It’s the best.
– Write each other sticky notes (Shawn does this for me and it makes my day).
– And just know that all the negatives get outweighed by the positives. I feel so incredibly lucky to have found Shawn.
CONGRATULATIONS JoJoJo! We wish you guys nothing but the best.